The Board is elected to represent the interests of the shareholders and stakeholders and ensure the company’s long-term prosperity. It will collectively direct the company’s affairs, establish policies for corporate management and oversight and make decisions on all major company issues. The Board believes this role is vital to creating a sustainable, growing business which is the key responsibility of the Group. In particular, the Chair together with our Non-Executive Directors strive to ensure that the Board plays a constructive role in the development and determination of the company’s strategy and achievement of our overall commercial objectives.
The key responsibilities of the Board are:
- To review the company’s performance and the effectiveness of the CEO, the leadership team and the Board
- To provide a succession plan for the CEO and the leadership team
- To manage all aspects of share ownership / capital structure
- To approve the annual budget
- To approve major changes to business activity
- To oversee the production of appropriate management information and statutory accounts
- To oversee the process for hiring new partners and key employees
- To approve leadership/ management changes
- To approve any major investments / divestments
- To approve any unbudgeted expenditure
- To assess and manage risks to the business and ensure that a clear organisational structure is maintained at all times.
- To provide shareholders with regular updates and communication on all key aspects of its role.
- To ensure that all Board Members have sufficient experience, time, skills and information to fulfil their roles.
- To foster good communication with all other stakeholders (employees, customers and suppliers).
The Board will be made up of 5-6 Directors and will include the Chief Executive, the Chief Financial Officer, the heads of the business units and two Non-Executive Directors. The Board will elect one of its members to act as Chairperson.
If you have any questions about Governance, please contact us.