The Football Association [The FA] has appointed seven new members to its Inclusion Advisory Board [IAB], with Savannah Group making five of the Board appointments.
Former professional footballers Marvin Sordell and Liam Rosenior; Centre for Mental Health CEO Sarah Hughes; KPMG’s Director of Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality, Edleen John; and Transport for London’s Director of Inclusion and Talent, Staynton Brown, have joined the IAB, which is chaired by Paul Elliott.
Kick It Out will continue its observer role, which will now be fulfilled by its Chair Sanjay Bhandari, while Roya Mehdizadeh-Valoujerdy will now represent The FA Youth Council.
The IAB is a sub-committee of, and reports into, the main FA Board. Formed in 2013 following the introduction of the cross-football inclusion and anti-discrimination programme, its latest development includes In Pursuit of Progress, The FA’s current three-year equality, diversity and inclusion plan.
Paul Elliott, CBE, MBE, Chair of The FA’s Inclusion Advisory Board
We worked closely with Tony and the team at Savannah to ensure that the IAB is reflective of society, brings a fresh perspective and ensures that The FA continues to rise and address the challenges of the modern game. We conducted a rigorous recruitment process and are delighted with the quality of talent on the Board…
I’m delighted to welcome the new members. The standard of candidates was outstanding, and it was important to bring in people who can offer a fresh perspective from both within and outside of football.
Tony Simpson, Savannah Group Board and Sports Practice Partner
It was a pleasure to partner with Paul and The FA on these important appointments. The search process involved seeking out the best talent from both within the football industry as well as further afield. We are delighted at the breadth of expertise and experience that is represented on the Board.
Following the new appointments, the IAB now comprises:
- Paul Elliott [IAB Chair]
- Rimla Akhtar [FA Council and Founder, RimJhim Consulting]
- Hannah Dingley [Academy Manager, Forest Green Rovers, and IAB representative on the FA Women’s Football Board]
- Nuala Walsh [Vice Chair, UN Women and Founder, MindEquity Consulting]
- Chris Paouros [Strategy and Leadership Consultant]
- Sarah Hughes [CEO, Centre for Mental Health]
- Marvin Sordell [Ex-professional footballer and Co-Founder, 180 Productions]
- Liam Rosenior [Ex-professional football and First Team Coach, Derby County]
- Edleen John [Director of Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality, KPMG]
- Wasim Haq [FA Council and Managing Partner, First Team Partners]
- Staynton Brown [Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Talent, Transport for London]
- Sanjay Bhandari [Chair, Kick It Out]
- Roya Mehdizadeh-Valoujerdy [Co-Chair, FA National Youth Council]
Click here for more information on The FA’s Inclusion Advisory Board and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
About Savannah Group
Savannah Group is a global executive search and interim management firm, specialising in board appointments, functional C-Suite appointments and key-sectors. We empower business leadership teams by helping them acquire proven leaders that enable and deliver short-term and long-term transformation. Partners at Savannah are involved in service delivery at every step. They are industry-leading figures whose networks are second to none. Find our more about Savannah Group here.